Divorce & Family law Attorney
Lindsey Lewis, a Houston Native, received her undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University, home of the Aggies. After earning a Bachelor’s of Arts in Political Science she returned home to earn her Juris Doctorate from South Texas College Of Law Houston in May 2014.
In 2015, Lindsey joined Ramos Law Group, PLLC as an in-house attorney to specifically support our clients but has since become a critical member of our litigation team and now handles all aspects of a family law case from initial pleadings to final trial. She has attended the National Family Law Trial Institute regular course that attorneys from all over the United States attend to hone their litigation skills and receive feedback and corrections from the top family law attorneys, judges and litigators from across the nation.
Lindsey’s family law experience includes contested divorces, modifications, parental rights, child support, child custody disputes, enforcements and adoptions. She is passionate about family law and offers clients experienced legal insight while also understanding the emotional and difficult challenges involved with divorce and family law matters. As with all members of our firm she offers client’s knowledge and competent legal advice with the following goals:
- Educate the client about the law and court procedures
- Explore options and create solutions
- Encourage settlements through competent negotiation and mediation
- Maintain reasonable fees and control litigation costs
- Exhaust all reasonable alternatives, but when all else fails, to fight aggressively when necessary to protect the clients’ rights
Finally, Lindsey loves all animals and takes extra care when pets are involved in the divorce process to assure that placement of the pet is given an equal priority. Lindsey’s dog-child, a Hungarian Vizsla named Sancho-Panza (“Sancho”), is pictured on our staff page.
Areas of Practice:
- 100% Family Law
- South Texas College Of Law Houston, May 2014, JD
- Texas A&M University, B.A. in Political Science, May 2011
- Texas, 2014
Honors and Awards:
- “Houston’s Top Lawyers“, 2019, H Texas Magazine
- “Houston’s Top Lawyers“, 2018, HTexas Magazine
- “Houston’s Top Lawyers“, 2017, HTexas Magazine
- “Houston’s Top Lawyers“, 2016, HTexas Magazine
Certifications and Training:
- “Highlights: Family Law Year In Review” 2019, 12.75 hours, UH Law Center & Family Lawyers of Texas
- “Advanced Family Law Course” 2019, 22.25 hours, Texas State Bar
- “Advanced Family Law Course” 2018, 22.25 hours, Texas State Bar
- “Advanced Family Law Course” 2017, 22.5 hours, Texas State Bar
- “Advanced Business Valuation” 2017, 29.75 hours, National Family Law Trial Institute
- “Advanced Family Law Course” 2016, 27 hours, Texas State Bar
- “Trial Institute” 2016, 55 hours, National Family Law Trial Institute
- “Trial Institute” 2016, 9 hours, Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists
- “Owelty Liens and Credit/Mortgage Qualifying in Divorce” 2015, 2 hours
- “Advanced Family Law Drafting” 2015, 13.50 hours, Texas State Bar
- “Guide to Basics of Law Practice” 2015, 8 hours, Justice James A. Baker
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- College of the State Bar of Texas, Member
Our Client Testimonials
The decision to end my 25-year marriage was not an easy one, but hiring the Ramos Law Group was. From the initial consultation to the execution of the Divorce Decree everyone at the firm displayed the utmost professionalism and I was treated as if I was their only client. My attorney Lindsey, always provided precise legal guidance, was usually one step ahead of the opposing counsel, and had a superb understanding of how things would play out in the court room. Additionally, whenever my case needed a little extra horsepower, Mary provided that "surge" to keep things on track.
"Ms. Ramos and her entire staff worked with professionalism and compassion to guide me through the most difficult time of my life and to an outcome that was best for my family and myself. Ramos Law is incredible and I highly, highly recommend their services."
"I was recommended to see Mary Ramos for my on coming custody case,it was the best thing I could've done honestly.The Ramos law group was quick with emailed responses and telephone calls,informative with ANY questions I had and they also took action with what they thought would work,which it did,I had money troubles and they were still willing to help they sent me with a younger lawyer Lindsey Lewis to help save some money and she was the best!She knew what she was doing and Mary was still on my case to make sure things went smoothly and to catch any details Lindsey and I might have missed.All in all I am a very satisfied client and if I ever needed a family lawyer again I would come back.My case was won as I received primary for my daughter which is exactly what I asked for.If you're willing to listen to what they have to say and follow their guidance they're definitely worth hiring.I thought I wanted sole custody for my daughter and they explained that wasn't in the best interest for her and honestly they were right,they speak to you on a professional level and also a real level of how things are actually going to work and what could happen if you take a certain action.They definitely care about their clients and make their own bond with you,you're not just money in their pockets you turn into family. "
"I received excellent advice and representation from Ms. Lindsey Lewis. She kept me updated at every step of the process, and I never felt as if my case was set aside. I would hire The Ramos Law Group in the future. "
"I started my divorce with a lawyer who was not very responsive. My divorce case was complicated and needed more laborious scrutiny. Since the case was not moving forward I had to switch lawyers. Made the switch to Ramos Law group. Since the very first day Mary and her team have been very efficient and meticulous. Since the case was complicated the team had to go through myriads of pages in discovery. I was pleased with the legal team that helped us handle the paperwork in a very timely manner. All my questions were answered very promptly. The relay of information was easy with their software system. We finally had a law firm that we could trust. My divorce was finalized and I only have Mary and her team to thank for going through a difficult divorce. I would highly recommend the Ramos law group for their help and support for getting my life back on track. "