Specialist Divorce Attorneys for Men
The attorneys at the Ramos Law Group, PLLC are dedicated to remaining among the top divorce lawyers for men in the Houston area. While we represent many people, a substantial percentage of our practice is dedicated to advocating for father’s rights.
From the initial consultation, our divorce attorneys will quickly take steps to educate, answer questions, and create an action plan to put your case in the best position possible. We are strong father’s rights advocates and can help you achieve the best possible outcome. To find out more about our exceptional service and results contact us today!
Divorce Tips For Men
- Don’t Leave the House
- Don’t Confront Your Wife
- Don’t Discuss the Case with the Kids
- *Never Agree to a Protective Order
Recent Wins – Father’s Rights
- After a week-long jury trial step-father wins custody of step-daughter. During a highly contested custody case involving a step-father and the biological parent, our client, the step-father, won primary custody of the children. This is rare and noteworthy because biological parents are nearly always favored over nonbiological parents.
- After a few days of trial, the protective order against our client was denied and a protective order protecting our client against the spouse was granted. Our client was accused of domestic violence and was in the middle of a protective order trial when we were contacted with a request to work with one of our divorce lawyers for men. We normally DO NOT take last minute cases, but we felt that the person was not being properly represented. We worked all night to prepare for the next day.
- Following a multi-day bench trial, the father won custody of his child and maintained a substantial portion of the community estate in High Net Worth Divorce case. The mother then filed an appeal with the 14th Court of Appeals and after a lengthy appellate response by our, Board Certified Attorney Mary E. Ramos the court denied their request closing the matter favorably for our client.
- Thanks to our experienced divorce lawyer for men, the dad won joint custody of his child in the divorce case. Wife accused the husband of domestic violence and went as far as having him arrested. A specialist divorce attorney for men was hired to look into the case and learned that a few months prior to the incident the wife hired an attorney without husband’s knowledge.
On the day of the incident, the wife attempted to trigger an argument and when that wasn’t successful, she ran out of the house screaming and accusing the husband of battering her. The police were called and husband was arrested. Her attorney of a few months filed for a divorce and protective order the next morning. After a lengthy bench trial, the judge did not grant the protective order and gave our client joint custody.
Protective Orders are Dangerous
Protective orders have serious consequences in divorce cases. When a protective order is granted against you, the other spouse may receive spousal maintenance, sole managing conservatorship of the children, and receive a final order without a geographic restriction. If you find yourself facing a protective order hire a divorce lawyer for men to advocate for your rights.
Trust Ramos Law Group
Divorce can be challenging for both men and women. However, men may feel that they cannot ask for custody or for a fair division of property because of their gender in some cases. Our team of divorce attorneys for men are committed to achieving the best outcome for our clients and have a high success rate in winning custody cases for dads.
We are also committed to defending husbands from false claims of family violence, a tool that is used far too often in an attempt to get a favorable custody or property settlement outcome.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
Contact Ramos Law Group, to work with lawyers who have a proven track record of defending husbands against frivolous applications for protective orders.