We Provide Solutions-Focused Family Law Representation in Houston and Throughout the Region
At Ramos Law Group, PLLC, our attorneys understand the importance of your case. We know that nothing is more important than family. Navigating a legal dispute can be stressful and emotionally draining. You do not have to do it alone. If you have any specific questions or concerns about a family law matter, we are here to help. Call us at 713-225-6200 or connect with us online to set up your fully private, no strings attached case review.
We Handle the Full Range of Family Law Cases in the Greater Houston Area
Family is vital. At Ramos Law Group, PLLC, we truly understand the importance of family. Our entire legal practice is devoted solely to family law cases. Our attorneys are experts in the field and we go above and beyond to protect the rights of our clients and help them find the best solutions for their specific situation. We are here to offer compassionate, knowledgeable legal representation to guide our clients through each step of the process. No matter your situation—whether you are preparing for difficult litigation or you are ready to cooperate and negotiate a settlement—our attorneys are here as a resource. Along with other types of family law cases, we have extensive experience handling the following matters in the Greater Houston Area:
- Divorce: We provide results-driven divorce representation to clients. With experience handling contested and uncontested divorce cases, our Houston family law team will go the extra mile to protect the rights and interests of our clients. If you are preparing for a divorce, contact our family law firm for guidance and support.
- Property Division: Dividing property in a divorce is never easy. Indeed, determining who should get what is often an area where spouses get hung up. Texas is a community property jurisdiction. All of a couple’s marital property is presumed to be jointly owned—though that does not always guarantee a 50/50 split. We handle complex property division cases, including high worth divorces, business owner divorces, and medical professional divorces.
- Spousal Maintenance (Alimony): Spousal maintenance includes ongoing payments made from one party to the other during the divorce process or, more often, after a divorce is finalized. In Texas, spousal maintenance is not guaranteed. Quite the opposite, our state only grants spousal support in a relatively small share of cases. Texas has very restrictive spousal support laws when compared to the country more broadly.
- Child Custody: Are you a parent who is getting divorced, separated, or otherwise involved in custody matters? We are more than ready to help. With a deep understanding of the Texas best interests of the child legal standard and the custody process generally, our lawyers know how to get the best outcome for our clients. We handle all types of child custody cases, including litigation, negotiations, modifications, and enforcement of rights.
- Child Support: Parents in Texas have a duty to provide ongoing financial support to their child. The parent without primary custody or possession of a minor child may be required to pay child support. Texas has child support guidelines in place. Though, it is possible to deviate from the guidelines when merited by the specific circumstances of the case.
- Adoptions: Adoption can be a wonderful way to add a new member to your family. It is deeply rewarding. At the same time, the adoption process is also notoriously complex. Our Houston family law firm handles all types of adoptions in Southeast Texas, including private adoptions and step-parent adoptions. You and your family do not have to navigate the legal process alone.
- Protective Orders: Domestic violence is a very serious matter. Our lawyers help our clients navigate these complex cases. If you have any questions about a protective order, please do not hesitate to contact our family law firm for immediate assistance.
- Family Law Appeals: Going through any type of family law case is difficult enough. The last thing that any person wants is to receive an adverse decision from a court. There is good news: You have the right to appeal an unfavorable verdict in a family law case. That being said, you need to act very quickly. There are strict deadlines to appeal family law cases in Texas. Contact our family appellate lawyers for immediate assistance.
Divorce – Think of the children
Work on being flexible with the other parent.
The importance of gathering information.
Tip – Filing your original petition
There are several things to gather and consider.
Our Firm Is Committed to Helping Clients Find Amicable Solutions
The stress, struggles, and emotional challenges associated with a family law case can be downright overwhelming. It is entirely normal to have a lot of questions about your rights, your options, and what you can do to preserve relationships and find a low-conflict resolution. Our Texas family legal team are committed to helping our clients find amicable solutions that prioritize what is best for them and their family. When possible and in your best interests, we are always ready to take a collaborative and cooperative approach. With extensive experience in family mediation and negotiations, our priority is to seek a peaceful, efficient resolution that minimizes the negative impact on our clients and their families.
We Are Trial-Tested Family Litigators Who Are Always Ready to Fight for Your Rights
Your family law rights should never take a backseat. Although we put strong and dedicated emphasis on helping our clients find amicable solutions, we fully recognize that not every case can be resolved through negotiation or mediation. Our team of attorneys are trial-tested, aggressive litigators who are always ready to take action to advocate for your rights. Whether you are locked in a contested divorce case or a difficult child custody battle, our lawyers have the skills and experience to represent you in family law litigation.
Related ResourcesConsult a Top Houston Adoption Attorney International Child Custody & Abduction | Hague Convention Same-Sex Marriage Lawyer in Houston Texas Texas Family Law Appeal Process Experienced Texas Amicus Attorney Get Help From A Houston Child Support Attorney Child Custody Lawyer in Houston, Texas Property Division Lawyer in Houston Divorce Mediation Lawyer in Houston Houston Modification Attorneys Protective Orders Attorney in Houston, Texas Do You Need a Temporary Order? Houston’s Top Paternity Lawyers Spousal Support & Alimony Lawyer in Houston Houston’s Child Visitation Lawyers
Why Choose Ramos Law Group?
Family law disputes should always be handled with the utmost care, sensitivity, and professional skill. At the Ramos Law Group, PLLC, our law firm is exclusively dedicated to family law cases. We are devoted to providing high level, personalized representation to people who need help the most. When you contact our Houston law office, you will be able to work with one of our legal specialists who will:
- Conduct a comprehensive and confidential review and assessment of your case;
- Answer your family law questions and explain the next steps of the process;
- Gather all relevant documents, records, and information to support your case;
- Represent you in family law settlement negotiations; and
- Develop a customized strategy to ensure that you obtain the very best outcome.
Family Law in Southeast Texas: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do I Have to Prove Fault to Get Divorced in Texas?
No. Although Texas does still allow for a fault-based divorce, the state also has a no-fault divorce option. Under Texas law (Tex. Fam. Code § 6.001), any couple can get divorced on the grounds of insupportability. Broadly defined, insupportability is “discord or conflict of personalities that destroys the legitimate ends of the marital relationship and prevents any reasonable expectation of reconciliation.” Most divorces that are finalized in Texas are no-fault divorces.
What Is the Best Interest of the Child Standard?
All parents involved in a custody case should be aware of the Texas best interests of the child standard. Under Tex. Fam. Code § 153.002, courts will make all custody & visitation decisions—conservatorships and access—with consideration to what is best for the safety, health, well-being, and long-term development of the child. A wide range of different factors can be evaluated by courts when applying the standard. If you have any questions about the best interests of the child, our team are here to help.
Should I Use the Mediation Process for My Family Law Case?
The mediation process can be a good option for many family law cases, but the decision to use it always depends on the specific circumstances of your case. Mediation can often be an effective way to resolve disputes in a more cooperative and cost-effective manner. It is a non-adversarial, flexible, and voluntary process that emphasizes collaborative solutions. If you have any specific questions or concerns our mediation attorneys are here to help.
What Should I Look for When Hiring a Lawyer for My Family Law Case?
When looking for a family law firm, there are several important factors to consider. Look for an attorney who has extensive experience and knowledge of family law, a track record of success in cases similar to yours, and a commitment to providing personalized attention and guidance. In addition, it is best to choose a lawyer who is a skilled negotiator and litigator, with the ability to represent you effectively both in and out of the courtroom. Finally, a lawyer who is compassionate, empathetic, and committed to protecting your best interests is a great option.
Schedule a Confidential Consultation Today
At the Ramos Law Group, PLLC, our Houston legal team provides exceptional, solutions-driven guidance and support to our clients. We handle all types of family law cases—from divorce to child custody to adoptions. Get in touch with us by phone at 713-225-6200 or connect with us online to set up your fully private initial appointment. From our law offices in Houston, Sugar Land, and The Woodlands, we provide solutions-oriented family law services throughout Southeast Texas.
Our Client Testimonials
The decision to end my 25-year marriage was not an easy one, but hiring the Ramos Law Group was. From the initial consultation to the execution of the Divorce Decree everyone at the firm displayed the utmost professionalism and I was treated as if I was their only client. My attorney Lindsey, always provided precise legal guidance, was usually one step ahead of the opposing counsel, and had a superb understanding of how things would play out in the court room. Additionally, whenever my case needed a little extra horsepower, Mary provided that "surge" to keep things on track.
"Ms. Ramos and her entire staff worked with professionalism and compassion to guide me through the most difficult time of my life and to an outcome that was best for my family and myself. Ramos Law is incredible and I highly, highly recommend their services."
"I was recommended to see Mary Ramos for my on coming custody case,it was the best thing I could've done honestly.The Ramos law group was quick with emailed responses and telephone calls,informative with ANY questions I had and they also took action with what they thought would work,which it did,I had money troubles and they were still willing to help they sent me with a younger lawyer Lindsey Lewis to help save some money and she was the best!She knew what she was doing and Mary was still on my case to make sure things went smoothly and to catch any details Lindsey and I might have missed.All in all I am a very satisfied client and if I ever needed a family lawyer again I would come back.My case was won as I received primary for my daughter which is exactly what I asked for.If you're willing to listen to what they have to say and follow their guidance they're definitely worth hiring.I thought I wanted sole custody for my daughter and they explained that wasn't in the best interest for her and honestly they were right,they speak to you on a professional level and also a real level of how things are actually going to work and what could happen if you take a certain action.They definitely care about their clients and make their own bond with you,you're not just money in their pockets you turn into family. "
"I received excellent advice and representation from Ms. Lindsey Lewis. She kept me updated at every step of the process, and I never felt as if my case was set aside. I would hire The Ramos Law Group in the future. "
"I started my divorce with a lawyer who was not very responsive. My divorce case was complicated and needed more laborious scrutiny. Since the case was not moving forward I had to switch lawyers. Made the switch to Ramos Law group. Since the very first day Mary and her team have been very efficient and meticulous. Since the case was complicated the team had to go through myriads of pages in discovery. I was pleased with the legal team that helped us handle the paperwork in a very timely manner. All my questions were answered very promptly. The relay of information was easy with their software system. We finally had a law firm that we could trust. My divorce was finalized and I only have Mary and her team to thank for going through a difficult divorce. I would highly recommend the Ramos law group for their help and support for getting my life back on track. "