What We Want To Know: The Impact of Divorce On Children
The Ramos Law Group, PLLC is offering students an opportunity to win one of our bi-annual $1,000 scholarships. The scholarship is intended to help those individuals who are children of divorced parents, but it is not required that you are a child of divorced parents to be eligible. To apply, write a 1,000-word essay describing the impact of divorce on children. Our goal with this topic is to help parents understand how divorce impacted the lives of their children. The topic will change for each semester but will be in line with our goal of educating parents on the impact a divorce has on children. The winning essay will be posted on the Ramos Law Group Blog and Facebook, along with a picture of the author.
Deadlines & Details:
- Application Deadline: December 15, 2019
- Winner Announced: January 15, 2020
- Essay Topic: The Impact of Divorce on Children
- Students must be enrolled or plan to attend a college, trade school, or any university in the United States. High school seniors are eligible to use the scholarship in their first semester after high school graduation (since most will still be attending high school in the spring of 2020).
- Proof of enrollment is required via transcript or acceptance letter for the semester listed above.
- Must be in good academic standing with your current educational institution.
- Must provide a copy of state identification.
The students interested in applying for the Ramos Law Group Family Law Scholarship must submit their essay, picture of ID, and school information. Applicants must include the following:
- Your name and email address
- If under 18, include parent contact information
- Information on the school you plan to attend
- Your current or prospective course of study
- By applying, you agree to allow the Ramos Law Group to post your essay on the Ramos Law Group blog along with your name and picture. Additionally, you agree not to post the essay on any online resource. If you are interested in sharing, you may share a link to the article once we publish it to our blog.
Steps To Apply:
- Write an original essay of at least 1000 words on the topic, "The Impact of Divorce on Children" and if required use the APA format for citing sources.
- Submit your essay on or before the posted deadline.
- All information should be submitted via the online application form below.
Future Scholarship Awards:
Don't be discouraged if you're not selected, come back after we award the scholarship to find out details about future scholarships. We will be offering scholarships twice a year awarded on the 15th of January and August.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Do I have to be a senior in high school to apply?
Yes, if you're still in high school, you must be a senior to apply. However, this scholarship is also open to college students and those attending a trade school.
About Ramos Law Group, PLLC
The Ramos Law Group, PLLC is a veteran-owned law practice dedicated exclusively to divorce and family law in Houston, TX. Our mission for our clients is to deliver outstanding results, help them heal, find peace, and achieve the happiness they deserve. For legal assistance with a divorce or family law case, contact us at 713-225-6200 or fill out our contact form. To learn more about the firm and our offerings visit our website at www.ramosfamilylaw.com.
Ramos Law Group, PLLC
Excellence In Family Law
1214 Miramar Street
Houston, TX 77006 US
|Mondays-Fridays: 8:00am - 5:00pm|