What We Want To Know: The Impact of Divorce On Children
The Ramos Law Group, PLLC is offering students an opportunity to win one of our bi-annual $1,000 scholarships. The scholarship is intended to help those individuals who are children of divorced parents, but it is not required that you are a child of divorced parents to be eligible. To apply, write a 1,000-word essay describing the impact of divorce on children. Our goal with this topic is to help parents understand how divorce impacted the lives of their children. The topic will change for each semester but will be in line with our goal of educating parents on the impact a divorce has on children. The winning essay will be posted on the Ramos Law Group Blog and Facebook, along with a picture of the author.
- Deadlines & Details
- Eligibility Rules
- Submission Requirements
- Steps To Apply
- Future Scholarship Awards
- About Ramos Law Group, PLLC
Deadlines & Details
- Scholarship Semester: Spring 2020
- Application Deadline: December 15, 2019
- Revised Application Deadline: 12/31/2019 – Due to technical issues we have extended the deadline.
- Winner Announced: January 15, 2020
- Revised Winner Announcement Date: January 31, 2020 – To allow us time to review all essays. Thank you
- Essay Topic: The Impact of Divorce on Children
- Students must be enrolled or plan to attend a college, trade school, or any university in the United States. High school seniors are eligible to use the scholarship in their first semester after high school graduation (since most will still be attending high school in the spring of 2020).
- Proof of enrollment is required via transcript or acceptance letter for the semester listed above.
- Must be in good academic standing with your current educational institution.
- Must provide a copy of state identification.
The students interested in applying for the Ramos Law Group Family Law Scholarship must submit their essay, picture of ID, and school information. Applicants must include the following:
- Your name and email address
- If under 18, include parent contact information
- Information on the school you plan to attend
- Your current or prospective course of study
- By applying, you agree to allow the Ramos Law Group to post your essay on the Ramos Law Group blog along with your name and picture. Additionally, you agree not to post the essay on any online resource. If you are interested in sharing, you may share a link to the article once we publish it to our blog.
Steps To Apply
- Write an original essay of at least 1000 words on the topic, “The Impact of Divorce on Children” and if required use the APA format for citing sources.
- Submit your essay on or before the posted deadline.
- All information should be submitted via the online application form below.
Future Scholarship Awards
Don’t be discouraged if you’re not selected, come back after we award the scholarship to find out details about future scholarships. We will be offering scholarships twice a year awarded on the 15th of January and August.
About Ramos Law Group, PLLC
The Ramos Law Group, PLLC is a veteran-owned law practice dedicated exclusively to divorce and family law in Houston, TX. Our mission for our clients is to deliver outstanding results, help them heal, find peace, and achieve the happiness they deserve. For legal assistance with a divorce or family law case, contact us at 713-597-7069 or fill out our contact form. To learn more about the firm and our offerings visit our website at www.ramosfamilylaw.com.
We are thrilled to offer a scholarship to our Texas community and hope to expand our scholarship program in the future. Mary and I both grew up in low-income families and benefited from various scholarships and help from our service in the Navy. One of the Scholarships we received was through a program offered at Jefferson Davis H.S. in the north side of Houston. Without this financial support, we would not be in a position to run a business, support our family, and help our clients heal, find peace, and achieve the happiness they deserve. We are blessed and would love to share the same with our community. If you need a scholarship or know someone who does, please apply or share the page with a friend. – Alfredo Ramos
Our Client Testimonials
The decision to end my 25-year marriage was not an easy one, but hiring the Ramos Law Group was. From the initial consultation to the execution of the Divorce Decree everyone at the firm displayed the utmost professionalism and I was treated as if I was their only client. My attorney Lindsey, always provided precise legal guidance, was usually one step ahead of the opposing counsel, and had a superb understanding of how things would play out in the court room. Additionally, whenever my case needed a little extra horsepower, Mary provided that "surge" to keep things on track.
"Ms. Ramos and her entire staff worked with professionalism and compassion to guide me through the most difficult time of my life and to an outcome that was best for my family and myself. Ramos Law is incredible and I highly, highly recommend their services."
"I was recommended to see Mary Ramos for my on coming custody case,it was the best thing I could've done honestly.The Ramos law group was quick with emailed responses and telephone calls,informative with ANY questions I had and they also took action with what they thought would work,which it did,I had money troubles and they were still willing to help they sent me with a younger lawyer Lindsey Lewis to help save some money and she was the best!She knew what she was doing and Mary was still on my case to make sure things went smoothly and to catch any details Lindsey and I might have missed.All in all I am a very satisfied client and if I ever needed a family lawyer again I would come back.My case was won as I received primary for my daughter which is exactly what I asked for.If you're willing to listen to what they have to say and follow their guidance they're definitely worth hiring.I thought I wanted sole custody for my daughter and they explained that wasn't in the best interest for her and honestly they were right,they speak to you on a professional level and also a real level of how things are actually going to work and what could happen if you take a certain action.They definitely care about their clients and make their own bond with you,you're not just money in their pockets you turn into family. "
"I received excellent advice and representation from Ms. Lindsey Lewis. She kept me updated at every step of the process, and I never felt as if my case was set aside. I would hire The Ramos Law Group in the future. "
"I started my divorce with a lawyer who was not very responsive. My divorce case was complicated and needed more laborious scrutiny. Since the case was not moving forward I had to switch lawyers. Made the switch to Ramos Law group. Since the very first day Mary and her team have been very efficient and meticulous. Since the case was complicated the team had to go through myriads of pages in discovery. I was pleased with the legal team that helped us handle the paperwork in a very timely manner. All my questions were answered very promptly. The relay of information was easy with their software system. We finally had a law firm that we could trust. My divorce was finalized and I only have Mary and her team to thank for going through a difficult divorce. I would highly recommend the Ramos law group for their help and support for getting my life back on track. "