What We Want: 5 Tips for Talking to Your Kids About Divorce
The Ramos Law Group, PLLC is offering students an opportunity to win our $1,000 scholarship. The scholarship is intended to help those individuals who are children of divorced parents, but it is not required that you are a child of divorced parents to be eligible. To apply, provide a 60-120 second well-produced video presentation on the topic: 5 Tips for Talking to Your Kids About Divorce. Our goal with this topic is to help parents understand how divorce impacted the lives of their children. The topic may change for each semester but will be in line with our goal of educating parents on the impact a divorce has on children. The winning video will be posted on the Ramos Law Group Blog and Facebook, along with a picture of the author.
- Fall 2020 – Emuesiri Edafemuoke – Kennesaw State University
- Spring 2020 – Sarah Sims
- Fall 2021 – Jennifer Aniede – University of Chicago.
- Deadlines & Details
- Eligibility Rules
- Submission Requirements
- Steps To Apply
- Future Scholarship Awards
- About Ramos Law Group, PLLC
Deadlines & Details
- Application Start Date: May 1st
- Application Deadline: Jan 31th
- Winner Announced Date: Feb 15th
- Short Video Topic: 5 Tips for Talking to Your Kids About Divorce
- Students must be enrolled or plan to attend a college, trade school, or any university in the United States. High school seniors are eligible to use the scholarship in their first semester after high school graduation.
- Proof of enrollment is required.
- Must be in good academic standing with your current educational institution.
- Must provide a copy of state identification.
The students interested in applying for the Ramos Law Group Family Law Scholarship must submit their video presentation, picture of ID, and school information. Applicants must include the following:
- Your name and email address
- If under 18, include parent contact information
- Information on the school you plan to attend
- Your current or prospective course of study
- By applying, you agree to allow the Ramos Law Group to post your essay or video on the Ramos Law Group blog along with your name and picture. Additionally, you agree not to post the essay on any online resource. If you are interested in sharing, you may share a link to the article once we publish it to our blog.
Steps To Apply
- Present a short video (60 to 120 secs) on the topic listed.
- Submit your video via a Dropbox, OneDrive or Google Drive link on or before the posted deadline.
- All information should be submitted via the online application form below.
Form to Fill Out
Ramos Law Group Family Law Scholarship
Thank you for your interest in the Ramos Law Group Family Law Scholarship. To apply, please fill out the form entirely and submit the required documents.
Future Scholarship Awards
Don’t be discouraged if you’re not selected, come back after we award the scholarship to find out details about future scholarships.
About Ramos Law Group, PLLC
The Ramos Law Group, PLLC is a veteran-owned law practice dedicated exclusively to divorce and family law in Houston, TX. Our mission for our clients is to deliver outstanding results, help them heal, find peace, and achieve the happiness they deserve. For legal assistance with a divorce or family law case, contact us at 713-597-7069 or fill out our contact form. To learn more about the firm and our offerings visit our website at www.ramosfamilylaw.com.
Application Period Opening May 1st 2023
Our Client Testimonials
The decision to end my 25-year marriage was not an easy one, but hiring the Ramos Law Group was. From the initial consultation to the execution of the Divorce Decree everyone at the firm displayed the utmost professionalism and I was treated as if I was their only client. My attorney Lindsey, always provided precise legal guidance, was usually one step ahead of the opposing counsel, and had a superb understanding of how things would play out in the court room. Additionally, whenever my case needed a little extra horsepower, Mary provided that "surge" to keep things on track.
"Ms. Ramos and her entire staff worked with professionalism and compassion to guide me through the most difficult time of my life and to an outcome that was best for my family and myself. Ramos Law is incredible and I highly, highly recommend their services."
"I was recommended to see Mary Ramos for my on coming custody case,it was the best thing I could've done honestly.The Ramos law group was quick with emailed responses and telephone calls,informative with ANY questions I had and they also took action with what they thought would work,which it did,I had money troubles and they were still willing to help they sent me with a younger lawyer Lindsey Lewis to help save some money and she was the best!She knew what she was doing and Mary was still on my case to make sure things went smoothly and to catch any details Lindsey and I might have missed.All in all I am a very satisfied client and if I ever needed a family lawyer again I would come back.My case was won as I received primary for my daughter which is exactly what I asked for.If you're willing to listen to what they have to say and follow their guidance they're definitely worth hiring.I thought I wanted sole custody for my daughter and they explained that wasn't in the best interest for her and honestly they were right,they speak to you on a professional level and also a real level of how things are actually going to work and what could happen if you take a certain action.They definitely care about their clients and make their own bond with you,you're not just money in their pockets you turn into family. "
"I received excellent advice and representation from Ms. Lindsey Lewis. She kept me updated at every step of the process, and I never felt as if my case was set aside. I would hire The Ramos Law Group in the future. "
"I started my divorce with a lawyer who was not very responsive. My divorce case was complicated and needed more laborious scrutiny. Since the case was not moving forward I had to switch lawyers. Made the switch to Ramos Law group. Since the very first day Mary and her team have been very efficient and meticulous. Since the case was complicated the team had to go through myriads of pages in discovery. I was pleased with the legal team that helped us handle the paperwork in a very timely manner. All my questions were answered very promptly. The relay of information was easy with their software system. We finally had a law firm that we could trust. My divorce was finalized and I only have Mary and her team to thank for going through a difficult divorce. I would highly recommend the Ramos law group for their help and support for getting my life back on track. "