Going through a divorce is challenging as it is. For many, however, this is not the end of the battle, as child custody-related issues will often be involved during the course of the divorce proceedings or after they are concluded. In fact, according to the 2021 Annual Statistical Report for the Texas Judiciary, 17% of all family law cases filed in the State of Texas that year concerned divorces where children were involved.
If you are looking to fight for custody or visitation rights for your child and aren’t sure where to begin, know that you are not alone. Speak with a League City child custody lawyer at the Ramos Law Group, PLLC, to discuss your options and see how we can help you move forward.
When You Might Need a Child Custody Attorney
“Child custody” matters encompass much more than you might initially expect. Thus, you might be wondering precisely what types of situations in which a child custody attorney may be able to provide assistance. Here are just a few examples of child custody-related matters that our family law attorneys frequently handle:
- Child custody disputes,
- Paternity rights,
- Grandparents’ rights,
- Temporary and emergency custody orders,
- International child custody and abduction disputes,
- Child relocation disputes, and
- Enforcement and modification of existing custody orders.
Of course, this is not an exhaustive list. Thus, if you don’t see your precise type of custody matter listed above, give us a call to learn more about what other cases we have handled in the past.
We Have a Strong Record of Success in Child Custody Matters
At the Ramos Law Group, family law is our bread and butter. We practice in this particular area of law exclusively, and we do so day in and day out.
However, not only do we have extensive experience, but we also have a strong track record of success to back us up. Read about some of our recent successes below:
- Step-Father Wins Custody. At the conclusion of a complex jury trial, our client was granted custody of his step-daughter, demonstrating that even step-parents and other non-biological parents are entitled to certain legal rights.
- Client Awarded Joint Custody After Protective Order Denied. Our client was accused by his wife of domestic violence during divorce proceedings in an effort to limit his access to their children. However, after taking the case to trial, our team was able to prove that the wife’s accusations were baseless, resulting in a denial of her protective order and an award of joint custody for our client.
- Custody Victory for New Mom. After being hired only one week before trial, lead attorney Mary E. Ramos was able to secure a successful outcome for a new mom, who was ultimately granted primary custody of her eight-month-old baby.
Of course, we can never guarantee any particular outcome in a given case, and results may vary. Nevertheless, what we can guarantee is that we will fight relentlessly on your behalf and do everything within our power to get you the results you need and deserve.
Ramos Law Group, PLLC: Your League City Child Custody Lawyer
If you are looking for a child custody lawyer for your legal matter in or near League City, TX, look no further than the Ramos Law Group, PLLC.
Our firm focuses all of our energy and passion on one area, and that is the practice of family law. In fact, our firm founder and lead attorney, Mary E. Ramos, is Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Thus, when you hire our team, you can rest assured knowing that your child custody case will be in competent, qualified, and experienced hands.
Give us a call to discuss your case and see how we can help you protect your family today.
Do I need a lawyer for a child custody dispute?
Technically, no. You are not required to hire a lawyer to represent you in your child custody dispute. That said, child custody matters are often complex and can have lasting consequences on your life and that of your children. Thus, when in doubt, consider speaking with an attorney to discuss your options and see how an attorney can help you fight for your rights and increase your chances of success.
How long will my child custody case take?
Some child custody cases can be resolved in a matter of months, but it is not uncommon for a child custody dispute to take a year or longer to resolve. Ultimately, however, the answer will depend on a variety of factors, such as the specific type of child custody matter you are pursuing, the complexity of your case, and the level of cooperation between the parties involved.
How much does it cost to hire a League City child custody lawyer?
The answer to this question will vary significantly depending on the particular facts and circumstances surrounding your case. That said, at the Ramos Law Group, we try our best to provide transparent pricing to help you avoid surprises and get you the information you need to make the best decision when hiring a lawyer. Thus, feel free to give us a call to discuss our rates or any other questions you have before deciding whether you want to move forward.