At Ramos Law Group, PLLC, we are committed to family law representation. Attorney Mary Ramos is Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and is passionate about helping clients with legal issues surrounding family law in Galveston, TX. We offer professional guidance and compassionate support for various family-related legal matters. From divorce proceedings to child custody issues, our team is committed to finding the most suitable and amicable solutions for you. Please contact us to schedule a private case review.
How Our Galveston County Family Lawyers Can Help
Our experience and knowledge of local regulations and practices ensure your case will be in excellent hands. Whether you’re facing a contested divorce or navigating a contentious custody battle, we’ll be here for you every step of the way.
Here’s an introduction to the services a Galveston family law attorney from Ramos Law Group, PLLC, can assist you with:
- Divorce. We offer skilled representation in contested and uncontested divorces and provide results-driven representation. If you’re preparing for a divorce, speak with a family lawyer in Galveston.
- Property division. Because of community property rules in Texas, property division is often complex. Marital property is assumed to be jointly owned, but this doesn’t necessarily guarantee a 50/50 split. We also have experience handling high-net-worth divorces, business owner divorces, and other complicated property division situations.
- Spousal maintenance (alimony). Spousal maintenance provides financial support to one party during or after the divorce. However, Texas law doesn’t guarantee spousal support awards and is quite restrictive when granting financial assistance.
- Child custody. With our deep knowledge of Texas custody laws and the ‘best interests of the child’ standard, you have a strong legal advocate on your side. We can handle all types of child custody matters, including negotiations, litigation, enforcement of rights, and order modifications.
- Child support. The parent without primary custody usually has to pay child support. We help clients navigate Texas’s child support guidelines, ensuring your children’s financial well-being is maintained.
- Adoptions. Are you interested in adopting a child? Our firm assists with all types of adoptions, including private and step-parent adoptions, and provides support throughout the complex legal process.
- Protective orders. Domestic violence is something we take very seriously. We offer sensitive and prompt assistance in cases involving domestic violence and protective orders.
- Family law appeals. Stay encouraged if the court returns an unfavorable verdict, as you can appeal. However, you must act fast because there are stringent deadlines. If you receive an adverse decision in your family law case, our attorneys are ready to help with the appeals process.
The emotional rollercoaster of family law matters can feel overwhelming. Do not try to navigate the Texas legal system alone. Instead, contact our Galveston family lawyers for assistance.
Family Law Galveston, TX, Family Law FAQs
We receive a lot of questions on how family law matters work in Galveston. Here are answers to some of the most common ones to help you prepare for your initial client meeting with us.
Is Texas a fault-based divorce state?
Texas offers both fault-based and no-fault divorce options. Most divorces are no-fault, based on “insupportability”—a conflict of personalities preventing reconciliation.
What should I consider when hiring a family law attorney in Galveston County?
You want to hire a family law attorney with extensive experience with family law matters similar to what you’re seeking legal assistance for. You want an attorney with a successful track record, strong negotiation and litigation skills, and a compassionate approach.
What does the court mean by the “best interest of the child” standard?
The best interests of the child standard guides custody decisions, with attention to the child’s safety, health, and well-being. The court looks at various factors to determine the best outcome for the child.
Is mediation suitable for my Galveston family law case?
Depending on the situation, mediation can be a cost-effective and amicable way to resolve disputes. It’s a collaborative process well-suited to many family law cases, but hiring a lawyer with mediation experience is best.
Choose Ramos Law Group, PLLC, for Your Family Law Needs in Galveston
The Ramos Law Group, PLLC’s legal team, has decades of combined experience representing clients for all family law needs. While we prefer to find amicable solutions to family law cases, we are ready to litigate when necessary.
Contact us to schedule a consultation and learn more about how we can help with all your Galveston needs.